You love cardio but dread lifting weights, if that’s you then you need to read the 10 reasons for lifting weights for life and see how crucial it is for all of us to weight lifting to our workout schedules.
Working out at home or at the gym doing cardio is great but really, you need to lift weights as well.
I know what you’re thinking.
With your crazy schedule you may not have a lot of time to come up with a “new and improved” work out. You want to hit the gym, do 20 minutes on stair master, and run through a quick circuit on the Nautilus machines and head home. But to do the same thing day after day, you’re setting yourself up for a big-time burnout and boredom. You need to change it up a bit.
Variety is the spice of exercise. You always want to vary your routine. If you keep doing the same things over and over you get bored, and boredom is a factor in why people quit working out.
Stuck for ideas? Try writing out a new routine before you head to the gym. While you’re there you can refer to your notes. Or you can sign up for a new class, try a new workout or ask a friend to come along and simply follow her lead.
Add lifting weights to your workout routine, and in the long run you will be glad you did. You don’t have to lift weights everyday, try to fit it in your workout routine 2 or 3 times a week. You will not only see how it benefits you but it will definitely help with the boredom factor.
You’ll Be Surprised At These 10 Reasons To Lift Weights
- More muscle means higher fat burning metabolism.
- More muscle means stronger immune system.
- Gaining muscle lowers blood pressure and strengthens bones.
- Strength training increases energy.
- Weight training improves athletic performance.
- Maintaining muscle strength benefits simple daily activities.
- Strength training improves physical appearance.
- Weightlifting helps relaxation, promoting a good night sleep.
- Strength training improve balance and coordination.
- Muscle mass typically declines 30% or more between ages 35 to 65. Weight training prevents much of this loss.
Just remember “Boredom is a factor in why people quit working out.” adding some weights to your workout will help with the boredom and in the long run eventually get the benefits of these 10 reasons to lift weights.